Why rent a Fake Cake instead of buying a real cake?
1) Cost - For a standard three tiered real cake with a minimal amount of decorating, you are looking at a price range of $350.00 - $1000.00. When renting or buying a fake cake, the price will be around $60.00 - $250.00. This is a significant cost savings. Especially, when your reception establishment will be providing a dessert for your guests. Even if you still would like to serve cake to your guests, sheet cakes, that have been refridgerated until they are served, can be bought for a fraction of the cost of buying a real wedding cake. And it will taste a whole lot better than a cake that has been sitting out at room temperature for hours.
2) What is your money getting you - You can view your fake wedding cake before your wedding day. With a real cake, you probably won't see your cake until it is time for you to enter the reception room that is already filled with guests. With a fake cake, you can make sure you are getting exactly what you want. Changes can be made, if necessary, before the big day. You will have the cake you want at a price you will be happy about.
3) Standing up to extreme climates - Fake cakes can with-stand hot temperatures, inside or outside. They can be displayed the entire time of your reception. There is no worry about the cake collapsing or icing melting. They look so real, your guests won't know it's fake.
4) Serve great tasting sheet cakes - As for the cake that you will serve to your guests......it can be any type of cake with any filling and icing. Because your sheet cakes will be refridgerated until it's time to serve them, there isn't any worry about dairy products or fresh fruit going bad while sitting out on display like real wedding cakes do. Your options are endless. You are very limited to the type of cake you can have if you decide to have a real wedding cake. With a fake cake, you can serve cheese cake, angel food cake, cakes with whipped icing, cakes with fruit fillings...the list goes on and on. You will have a better tasting cake for your guests and you will have a beautiful fake cake for display. Win - win.
5) Go big - You can rent a large fake wedding cake even if you are having a small function. The larger the cake, the more attention it will grab. Renting a fake cake is an excellent way to have a large cake for display.
How do we cut the cake?
It is easy. Have a small real cake (or cupcakes) already cut and placed behind the fake cake at cutting time. You pose for the photographs 'cutting' the fake cake and then feed each other a piece of the real cake. It is super easy and no one will notice that you haven't actually "cut" the wedding cake. I can make the small real cake (or cupcakes) for this that can match the fake cake design.
If I have a special design, can you make it?
Yes! Let me know what you are looking for and I will design it and get your approval when completed. Most three tiered custom-made fake cakes will cost $100.00 to rent and $180.00 to buy.
If I want to keep my wedding cake, can I?
Yes! The cost to buy most of my pre-made fake wedding cakes is $150.00.
How long in advance do I need to order a fake wedding cake?
Typically, I would like to have one month to create your unique wedding cake. However, I may be able to make your cake in one week's notice. There will be an extra $20.00 added to the cost for emergency, short notice cake orders.
Do you have any pre-designed cakes in stock?
Yes. Please see the ***In stock and ready to rent or buy*** tab under each photo of the cakes I have made.
Why are real wedding cakes so expensive?
Real wedding cakes are very time consuming to make. It takes alot of skill and patients to create a beautiful real wedding cake. The cakes have to be baked with quality ingredients, cooled, leveled, torted (filling inbetween layers), iced smoothly, covered in fondant without dents, scratches, or any imperfections (or at least try darn hard to do so), stacked with dowel rods (must be perfectly upright, strong, and straight), decorated, delivered, and set-up. It's exhausting!
Can you ship your fake cakes?
YES! I have shipped fake cakes all across Canada and to many locations in the United States without any mishaps. Simply tell me where the wedding cake is to be shipped to and I will give you an approx. shipping cost. I will not charge more then the actual shipping amount.
Do you make real wedding cakes?
Yes. I still like the idea of making a fake wedding cake and serving sheet cakes or other, more economical cakes that will save you money and that taste just as good or even better than a real wedding cake would. However, I know there are those who prefer to have a real wedding cake at their wedding. For this reason, I continue to make real wedding cakes as well as fake wedding cakes.
Please feel free to email me if you have any additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (204)-999-8991.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.